First, I have to say a big Happy Birthday to my mom! We love you, Mom, and are so blessed by your generosity and your love!
I can't end this month without ending with the last of my 30 Days of Thankfulness. The last few months have been tough for me. Tough. Focusing on all that I have to be thankful for gets me through the difficult moments. It is rejoicing in what is and not being pulled down by what is not or what I would like to be.
16. My running group. I usually end up feeling discouraged after running on the treadmill, but after a run with my group I feel so excited and motivated. I might have even felt like I could have gone farther after last night's four mile run. Who am I?
17. Speaking of running, I'm SO excited and for my new running watch. It should be coming tomorrow and I can't wait to use it. Even more motivation to run. I should add that I'm thankful for the ability to run. One mile used to be really difficult for me.
18. Mercy, grace, and forgiveness. Sometimes I lose my temper with my kids, sometimes I'm not gentle and kind, and sometimes, as ashamed as I am to admit it, I yell. My children are such examples to me when it comes to grace and mercy. They are so quick to forgive and forget. I want to be more like them.
19. My husband, who is incredibly hard-working and such a great provider for us. I am so, so thankful that I have the opportunity and the choice to stay home with my children.
20. Books. I've always been a huge reader, but taking care of four babies right in a row left little time for reading. I've been renewing my love for recently. (Post on books I've been reading coming soon! Blogger book club?)
21. Cute clothes. Of course.
22. Blogging. You ladies are so inspiring and encouraging. The best part of blogging is the amazing community of like-minded women. Last Summer at Blogher I couldn't help but think, "these are my people."
23. Boots. There is no such thing as too many boots. I already have my eye on a new pair and I have a renewed love for my grey ankle boots.
24. Little girl toys. I LOVE shopping for Finley and not just for clothes. Girl toys are so much fun! A few things on
25. Fresh eggs from our chickens. It doesn't get any more delicious and convenient than that.
26. My family. I am so blessed to have most of my side and Eric's side of our family living right here in town and for the ones that don't, well, I'm thankful for you all, too!
27. I've finally lost my baby weight. Can I be a little vain here? Because I'm glad to not be carrying that "baby weight" around anymore. Although, we won't talk about the "seven year old weight," now, will we?
28. A messy house. It is well lived in, even if it's not always spic and span.
29. Judah, Samuel, Silas, and Finley. The most precious gifts, the most amazing people I know.
30. The unending and unfailing love of God.
Oh, and don't forget to join for me Small Style tomorrow, ok? See you then!