Today I thought I'd share with you a few of my (totally random and in no order of importance, silly and superficial) favorite things.
1. Boots. I love, love, love boots. I've been into riding boots and cowboy boots for a long time (still love them), but this year I'm dying to wear my thrifted black motorcycle boots, 70s boots from my grandma, and newly purchased Minnetonkas.
2. Snacks before bed. Well, I love food in general, but there's just something so indulgent (and it's also a total comfort thing) about a snack before bed. The only thing that would make this better is if my husband would actually partake with me. (He always says he's, "no hungry." Bah humbug!)
3. Bike rides. Riding my bike makes me feel so free and child-like. And, it's exercise. Win-win.
4. Nerdy computer stuff. But, blogging is cool, right?
5. Coffee dates. Drinking coffee in your house or on the go is just not the same. You have to sit in the coffee shop and have a conversation for maximum enjoyment.
6. Running. I don't always love the process of running, but (cliche, cliche, I know) I love the way it makes me feel when I'm done and I love what it does to my body. I feel strong when I run.
7. Shopping. Well, duh, right? Retail therapy. I believe in it.
8. Holding hands. With Eric or the kids, there's something so sweet about holding someone's hand.
9. Quiet nights by myself. I don't mind when Eric goes out at night with friends (as long as it's after the kids' bedtime, so I don't have to do the bedtime routine alone), so I can spend the evening doing whatever I want. That usually includes watching a show or movie that Eric doesn't like, eating a snack (see above about snacks), blogging and answering emails, and massive amounts of tweeting (see above about nerdy computer stuff).
10. Vintage shoes. I've totally scored in the vintage shoe department while thrifting lately. That makes me happy.