These are my favorite baby items. I would recommend these (and have!) to any and all parents. There are lots and lots of baby items out there, but these are a few of my must haves.
5. Pedipeds and See Kai Runs- Ok, maybe these aren't exactly a necessity, but they're pretty darn cute and fun to have. Pedipeds are perfect for babies before they're walking. They're super soft and flexible and stay on their feet. I like See Kai Runs for walkers because they run wide and most babies have chubby, wide feet. They both come in lots and lots of fun styles and colors. I justify the price because all of my boys are able to wear them. If I have a girl a justification won't be necessary because every girl needs cute shoes, right?
4. Stylish baby bag- My sweet husband has gotten me not one, but two Petunia Picklebottom Bags. Without any hints or me saying anything, I might add. Having a cute bag definitely makes lugging around baby items day in and day out a little more fun.
3. Bumbo Seat- We used this all the time and only recently stopped with Silas when he completely grew out of it. When he was tiny it was fun for him to sit up and see what was going on. Then, it became his portable meal seat. It's so easy to set on any chair or table top (and, I know they say not to do that, but I think it's fine if you're right there. But, don't quote me in a court of law! :) I only wish I had the bumbo with Judah and Samuel.
2. Miracle Blankets- Another thing I wish I had with my big boys. I've swaddled all 3 of them, but no other blanket swaddles like the miracle blanket. I had two with Silas and completely wore them out. I plan to order at least 3 or 4 for this baby.
1. Beco Baby Carrier- With a newborn a sling or the Moby (made in Chico!!!) is perfect. But, when my tiny baby grew out of those I started using my Beco. And, use it I did. Seriously, every day. I would probably still be using it with Silas if I hadn't gotten pregnant and abhor anything around my stomach (dang morning sickness). The Beco is similar to an Ergo, but in cuter fabrics.
This time I plan to get a swing. I didn't use one with any of the boys, but it'd be nice to have a safe place to set the baby during homeschooling. I can't think of any other things I need. One of the perks of having baby #4. :)
And, the next list you get to look forward to? My birthday wishlist!