There is this survey going around on facebook where you're supposed to write 25 random things about you. I was informed by my sister in law, Caroline, that mine wasn't random enough. So, here is my list of pure randomness. I hope it lives up to your expectations, Caroline! :)
1. I didn't wear concealer, or any makeup other than eye shadow and concealer, until after Samuel was born. I still had a bottle left over from my wedding and thought I need to get my money's worth. I know wear Bare Esentuals concealer, bronzer, eye shadow, eye liner, masacara, and eye brow shadow everyday.
2. My favorite show for a long time was Full House. I like Stephanie the best, but I could never figure out why they put DJ in there. I didn't think she was very cute and I did not like the name DJ.
3. I've considered a lot of career options. Including, but not limited to, police detective, elementary school teacher, President, news anchor, psychologist, missionary in Africa, City Council member (although, not exactly a career), pediatrician, actress.
4. In 6th grade someone told me when I went to junior high I would be a "preppy." I was horrified about this and it really hurt my feelings. Several years later I found out what a preppy actually was and realized I could have saved myself a lot of grief if I asked someone about it.
5. I lost about 60 lbs during 10th and 11th grade. I guess I've gained and lost that same weight during each pregnancy. Maybe my body misses it?
6. I've never been drunk. I've only actually drank about 5 times in my life. And, I was peer pressured into smoking cloves once in high school. By smoking I mean putting my mouth on it and never doing it again.
7. I have been pregnant and/or breastfeeding for 5 years and 1 month straight. I plan to give my body a little break when I wean Silas.
8. I LOVED babysitting growing up and always said I would do it for free just because I enjoyed it so much. I wasn't exaggerating. Now that I have my own kids I'm not as enamored with other people's.
9. I wouldn't say I enjoy working out and going to the gym. But, I enjoy the results. And, I enjoy the childcare.
10. I love being around people. But, after becoming a mom, I'm enjoying quiet time at home more and more.
11. I appreciate a fabulously decorated house, but I haven't acquired that skill yet. Yet is the key word.
12. I've never pursued a guy. I believe a lady should always be pursued. (Although, I wish I would have resisted the pursuing until Eric. I was his first girlfriend. How awesome is that?)
13. I never thought about the price of things until I married Eric. Now I carefully mull over each and every purchase.
14. One of my favorite foods is my mother in law's salad. Everyone agrees on how delicious it is.
15. I think I came into myself around my senior year of high school. Before that I didn't really know who I was and was lacking in self confident. Now I'm ok with being goofy and silly! :)